Sunday, February 27, 2011

Time flys by and very warm weather in TX.

I guess I'd better get an update in here - getting a lot of crap from people who think we froze up here in TX. Well, actually the weather is pretty darn nice with several days this week in the 90's but still a little breezy so it was quite nice outside. Beats the heck out of all the snow in MN!!

Been busy - normal!! - the last few weeks. Work of course takes the better part of of 4-5 days. We did get the wood floors finished in the LR, DR, kitchen and hall. A big change from the blue carpeting but really looks nice. Did need to get a few rugs for by the doors to catch the dust from the shoes and also a large rug for the center of the living room. Pete, Rod and I spent a few hours on our knees, which never hurts I guess, and a few ibubrofen for the hurting muscles - we gotr dun!!

BIL and SIL from Chicago were here last week - picked them up at 10:30pm in Harlingen and then they flew out at 5:30am - Harlingen airport is about 45 miles away so you know we had a couple short nights. Did a lot of fun things in the four days they were here too so needed a couple days this last week to rest up so didn't do much in the evenings. Did celebrate Joni G's 70th b-day on Thursday afternoon. Was a big surprise for her. Their son Mark was here from ElPaso - hadn't seen him in probably 10 years.

Last Friday we had nothing on the calendar and had talked about the Brownsville Zoo for the past 8 years we've been in the valley, so off we went. Was just as remembered it which had to be close to 15 years ago when we were there last with Vicky's folks. Even the one armed female orangutan was still there - and still having babies!! We didn't have any chicklets to give her this time tho!!
We stopped and a new burger place called Big Daddies Burgers - had fahittas and chimichaunga - enough food for the whole day and very inexpensive. Stopped for happy hour at some friends in Harlingen and then finished the evening playing buck and a quarter (also called 10 penny and 5 crowns)at Lloyd and Gails - didn't get home till 11:30 - a long fun day.
Yesterday met Larry and Rosie and Herb and Carol at Riverside for lunch, they stopped by the house to check out the floor for a bit.
Today was church, breakfast at the bakery with George and Shirley and a quick visit to Home Depot to pick up some eye hooks to hang our swing we bought 3 years ago in MX. Also got the some of the sidwalks pressure washed, the car washed then Myron and Elain stopped over. We had been by their house last week to drop off some grapefruit but they weren't home.

Tonight we were invited to Bill and Mavi's for ham supper and help them with a couple projects - a good meal and several good laughs.

Will be a busy week with work and then our daughter Kelly, husband Blake and Blakes mom Darlene fly into Harlingen Friday afternoon. So will be a busy weekend - should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been very busy. Just reading what you have done has worn me out.


Thanks for leaving a message! Have a Great Day!!